Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Homemade Lemonade with Tennessee Honey


I've never been the biggest fan of whiskey, but then again, I guess I'd never had Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey before either.



The best way to drink Tennessee Honey is with lemonade, the flavors meld together so well, it's almost like drinking liquid sunshine. It also feels decidedly Southern, which I kinda always like. And since I didn't have any lemonade on hand but I did have a whole bag of lemons, I made myself some lemonade.

Turns out homemade lemonade really is better than anything else. If you haven't ever made it before, I highly recommend trying it sometime.


Homemade Lemonade with Tennessee Honey
(lemonade recipe from Paula Deen)


1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1 cup warm water
4 cups cold water
Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey whiskey


In a large pitcher, stir together the sugar and warm water until the sugar has completely dissolved. Pour in the lemon juice and the cold water and stir to combine.

Fill a glass with ice. Fill 1/3 of the glass with Tennessee Honey and the other 2/3 with lemonade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment