Saturday, February 23, 2013

Creamy Laughing Cow Pasta with Prosciutto


For a while now, I've been pretty hooked on Laughing Cow cheese wedges. I'm not sure if it's because they taste delicious, that they're portable enough to take to school, or if there's something about them that strikes me as cute, but I've had a package of them in my fridge every week for the last two months.

Generally I eat them with crackers as a light meal or a snack, but I've recently begun to wonder whether there was something else I could do with them. That's when I saw that they could be used to make a creamy alfredo-like sauce.

For a meal that is less that 350 calories, it's amazing. Using whole grain pasta, I feel totally stuffed after munching down on this pasta. I added the prosciutto for a meaty touch and I think it really helped round out the meal.


Creamy Laughing Cow Pasta with Prosciutto
Serves two


4 oz whole grain pasta
4 wedges of your favorite Laughing Cow (I used Mozzarella, Sun Dried Tomato and Basil)
1/2 cup whole milk
1 clove of garlic
3 slices prosciutto, cut into small pieces and crisped up in the oven


Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. 

In a small saucepan, combine cheese wedges, milk, and garlic over medium-high heat. Whisk until thickened, about five minutes.

Pour the pasta into the sauce and stir to coat. Sprinkle with prosciutto and grated cheese.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment