Monday, February 18, 2013

Apricot Brie Grilled Cheese


As I expressed with my Brie and Apricot Jam Tartlette, the flavor combination of sweet jam and creamy brie is divine. Particularly apricot jam. I'm usually not much for the taste of apricots, but it compliments brie like nothing I've ever tasted.

I'm not sure why it took me so long to realize, but now it seems obvious to me. Put the two together in a sandwich. Toast it up until the cheese is nice and melty and you've got my new favorite go-to meal. I'm already looking forward to the next time I get to eat it.

As always, I used my panini press to cook up these little sandwiches but you could just as easily use a non-stick skillet and grill it up the old fashioned way.


Apricot Brie Grilled Cheese
makes two sandwiches


4 slices whole grain white bread
3 tablespoons apricot jam
4 oz brie, cut into long slices
butter


Heat panini press.

Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread. Spread apricot jam on the dry side of two slices and lay the brie on top. Close the sandwich with the buttered sides out.

Lay in the panini press and cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and melty.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment