Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Brie and Apricot Jam Tartlette


Not to long ago, I was completely unaware of the wonderful combination that is fruit and cheese. Thus, I was astounded when I first tasted the brie coated in sweet apricot thyme jam that my sister prepared for Thanksgiving.

I was hooked from the first bite. 


When my family hosts holiday parties, we slather a wheel of brie in the aforementioned apricot thyme jam and serve it up with crackers, but that is really more proportioned to feed a crowd, not two hungry people with a craving.

That's why I came up with this smaller, easier to handle, and slightly less messy version of the appetizer I can't get enough of. It's also easy to scale up if you happen to have a lot of hungry guests.


Brie and Apricot Jam Tartlette
(serves two)


1/3 sheet frozen pastry puff, thawed
2 oz brie cheese, sliced into thin pieces
3 tablespoons apricot jam
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Lay the thawed pastry puff out on a piece of parchment paper and roll until even and thin. Slightly fold over the edges of the pastry, about a forth of an inch on each side. Slide the parchment paper with the puff pastry on top onto a baking sheet.

Arrange the brie evenly over pastry. Bake the tart for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.

While the pastry is baking, stir the apricot jam with the thyme until combined. When the pastry comes out of the oven, spread the jam evenly over the tart while its still hot. Slice and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment