Thursday, February 7, 2013

Creamy Alfredo Chicken


I really like cream sauces. I like them so much I even prefer Alfredo on my pizza. 

Now, don't get me wrong, I like tomato sauces, it's just that two of my favorite adjectives are creamy and cheesy, and that's exactly what you get in an Alfredo sauce. So it tends to make it's way into a lot of my recipes. 

This is essentially a variation of chicken Parmesan. It's easy to pull together using store bough sauce and it disappears seriously fast.


Creamy Alfredo Chicken 
(Inspired by Skinny Taste)

2 chicken breasts
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.

Place chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap and gently pound to an even thickness, starting at the thickest points and working your way out.

Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Panko and salt on a dish. Dip each chicken breast into the melted butter and then into the bread crumb mixture, coating the entire surface. Lay breaded chicken on baking sheet.

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. 

After 20 minutes, remove chicken from the oven. Spread 1/4 cup of Alfredo sauce on each breast and top with 1/4 cup mozzarella. 

Bake 5 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment