Monday, February 11, 2013

Tuna Patties


Tuna patties are a classic dish from my childhood that I rediscovered lately only to realize that it is in fact a really tasty simple meal to whip up. My parents used to make it for us all the time, and now I really understand the beauty of it.



Sometimes my body craves the protein from tuna, and while I'm not against opening up a can and eating it just like that, sometimes I want something that resembles and actual meal. 

I highly suggest eating this with some Kraft mac and cheese. The two mix really well together.


Tuna Patties
Serves two


1 5oz can of tuna (I prefer in oil)
1/4 cup bread crumbs1 egg
Salt and Pepper


Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl with a fork. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.

When the pan is warm, pour the tuna mixture into the pan and spread it out evenly to about a 1/2 inch thickness. Cook on that side for 2-3 minutes or until nicely browned.

Very carefully flip over the patty and cook on the other side for another 2 minutes or until cooked through. Slice and Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment