Monday, April 8, 2013

Spinach Artichoke Dip Pasta


It's been a while since I've had a chance to post. I've been so busy with a freelance visual effects gig for a short film that my apartment and my diet were completely upended. But now I've got some time back on my hands and that means there's time to cook!

I'm pretty sure spinach artichoke dip is my ideal format for eating vegetables. It might have something to do with the creamy sauce. After all, cream makes everything taste amazing.



But spinach artichoke dip isn't a proper meal, at least not according to my leading man, (I strongly disagree) so why not take the basic premise of my Spinach Artichoke Dip for Two and stir it into some pasta? It made a delicious meal and best of all, it was under 400 calories. I have a hard time complaining about that.


Spinach Artichoke Dip Pasta
Serves two


4 oz whole grain pasta (I used medium shells)
1/2 cup half and half
1/2 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup spinach, fresh or frozen
2 artichoke hearts from a can, finely diced
2 sun dried tomatoes, finely diced
1 clove of garlic, finely diced
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
two tablespoons grated Parmesan


Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.

In a small saucepan, heat the half and half, milk and butter over medium-low heat until the butter is melted and the milk just begins to steam.

Toss in the spinach, artichokes, tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper and heat until the sauce begins to thicken. Stir in the Parmesan until completely melted and pour the sauce over the drained noodles. Stir to coat evenly.

Garnish with more grated Parmesan and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment