Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Spinach Artichoke Dip for Two



I have a serious weakness for dips. I don't really understand it, but smearing something creamy on top of a crisp piece of bread or crunchy cracker is immensely satisfying. Problem is, when you make dip, you usually make it to feed a crowd, not just two people.

But I say to hell with that. I want to eat dip and I don't want to feel guilty about eating a whole bunch of it, so I guess I'll just size it down.


If you've ever been to Maggiano's and had their spinach artichoke dip, you know what vegetable heaven tastes like, and this recipe is the closest to that taste I've found. It turns out Asiago cheese is the key, it's almost nutty flavor really complimenting the vegetation. This recipe tastes good with any cheese, but the Asiago really takes it over the edge.



Spinach Artichoke Dip for Two
 adapted from recipelink


1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon flour
1 garlic clove, minced
salt and pepper

4 tablespoons Parmesan
1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed in the microwave and drained
1/4 cup shredded Asiago Cheese

2 large artichoke hearts from a can, drained and chopped
5 slivered, re-hydrated sun-dried tomatoes, chopped



Heat oven to 350.

In a microwavable cup (I just used the 14 oz ramekin I was going to bake the dip in), stir together cream, flour garlic, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds or until hot and slightly thickened.

Stir spinach, artichokes, Asiago and sun dried tomatoes into the cream mixture.


Spread evenly into a 14 oz ramekin. Sprinkle top with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until dip is hot and bubbly.

Serve with pita chips or toasted, thinly sliced bread.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment