Tuesday, January 22, 2013

White Pizza Dip for Two


Like I mentioned before: I seriously love dip. I'm pretty sure I could eat some sort of dip for every meal. 

My friends know me for bringing over dip to just about every gathering we ever have. Besides the fact that I love to cook and I love to feed people, I see it as a rare opportunity to try out recipes that serve a crowd. I can't very well cook up a block and a half of cream cheese for just the two of us. I mean, I'd love to, but I think my heart would be pretty unhappy afterwards.



 This white pizza dip is by far my favorite dip ever. It's the kind of cheesy, gooey, creamy goodness that utterly hits the spot. 

By the way, every time I've made the whole sized recipe and brought it over to a party, it disappears within minutes. I'm not exaggerating. Everyone stops talking and just inhales this stuff. It's that good.



That being said, if you want to feed a crowd of 6-8, check out the originally proportioned recipe linked to below. But if you want a snack for yourself and one other, or maybe you want to taste test a dip for a gathering, try out the recipe bellow. 

White Pizza Dip for Two
adapted for smaller portion from How Sweet It Is

Handful of grape tomatoes (6-8), cut in half  
1 tsp olive oil  salt and pepper   
1/2 block cream cheese (4 oz)
1/2 cup mozzarella-provolone cheese blend
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon each chopped fresh basil, thyme and oregano
2 tablespoons grated parmesan


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Fold a piece of aluminum foil over twice and fold up the edges to make a tray.Toss tomatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper on foil tray and roast for 15 minutes.

In a bowl, stir softened cream cheese, mozzarella-provolone, garlic and herbs. Stir in the roasted tomatoes and pour into a 10 oz ramekin. Place of a baking sheet and bake for another 15 minutes or until the top is bubbly and melted.

Serve with bread crostini or pita chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment