Friday, January 11, 2013

An Introduction

Happy New Years! Having never done this before, perhaps I'd best just dive right in:

My name is Megan, I'm 23 years old and I love food. Particularly the kind that I just know isn't good for me. It's probably not a healthy relationship but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy.

I live in Southern California with my film maker boyfriend and since his idea of a sturdy meal is hamburger helper paired with instant mashed potatoes, I've taken over the cooking in our painfully cramped kitchen. 

For a long time, it was a tedious task. Between incredibly long hours at art school and a vague feeling of indifference towards meals, nothing spectacular was ever laid out on our table. As a kid I'd been more into baking, so learning how to make food that didn't consist mostly of sugar was... challenging. To top it off, most of the recipes I found were designed to feed a family, so we'd be swimming in leftovers.

Then, apparently much later than the rest of the world, I found Pinterest.

Suddenly there was a world of recipes at my fingertips. I tried cooking all sorts of foods I never imagined I'd be able to make. Best of all, inadvertently I started eating healthier and feeling better. Whipping up seriously delicious meals with whatever I had in the pantry was alarmingly gratifying, and after four years together, I finally figured out how to serve meals that feed the two of us perfectly.

After half a year of experimentation, I thought I'd try contributing to the vast array of recipes available online. The delicious meals posted by food bloggers have filled my belly and opened my eyes to a community I'm excited to join. 

So welcome to Munched, a blog dedicated to cooking up amazing meals for two.







No comments:

Post a Comment