Saturday, March 9, 2013

Taco Seasoning Mix


I know this is already all over the internet, but seriously, it's ingenious.

I don't know about everyone else, but I always forget something at the grocery store no matter how much I plan or how many times I check the list. It is physically impossible for me to get everything I need in just one trip. 

Seasoning packets are one of the most commonly forgotten things on my lists. Either I never remember to grab them when I walk past, or they fall through the wire mesh of the grocery cart, or maybe they enter the land of lost socks and television remotes somewhere between the aisle and the checkout counter. 

Whatever the case is, the convenience of having a jar of taco spice mix lying around was worth picking up the few spices I didn't already have in my cabinet. It doesn't have any of the weird stuff they put in the pouches, it's cheaper, and with a recipe for this stuff, you can make Mexican food whenever you want.

My favorite application: Slow Cooker Chicken Quesadillas.


Taco Seasoning Mix
(recipe from Spend with Pennies)


1 tablespoon Chili Powder
1/2 tablespoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 teaspoon Oregano


Measure out ingredients into an airtight container (I like a mason jar). Close up the container and shake until thoroughly mixed.

Use about 2 tablespoons for tacos, or to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment