Saturday, March 2, 2013

Easy Pizza Bread


Pizza bread is a meal so ridiculously easy I feel a little silly posting a recipe. On the other hand, it is so damn tasty that I just want to make sure that everyone has tried it out.

There isn't much to preparing pizza bread, but I've picked up a few tricks that I'm posting below. I didn't specify any amounts because half of what makes it so good is you can create it according to your own tastes. I don't like a lot of sauce so I'm light on mine, but I pile it on for my leading man. It's done in less than ten minutes and every bite is completely awesome.


Pizza Bread
Serves two


1 small french baguette (I use La Brea Take and Bake French Baguette)
Marinara Sauce
Oregano
Cheddar cheese
Mozzarella cheese


Preheat your oven to 385 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.

Cut your baguette in half vertically along middle of the loaf. Stand each half up on it's cut side and, using a bread knife, cut in half length wise. 

Arrange the four pieces cut side up on the baking sheet and toast in the oven for 3 minutes. This allows the bread to stay crunchy once the sauce comes into play.

After 3 minutes in the oven, pull out the sheet pan. Using a spoon, spread the desired amount of marinara on each slice of bread. Sprinkle a bit of oregano on top for an extra burst of flavor.

Arrange the desired amount of cheese on top of each bread slice and put back in the oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. 

Finish off under the broiler for about a minute, checking regularly until the cheese is golden brown and delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment