Thursday, March 7, 2013

Bruschetta Mozzarella Sandwich


This chain in Illinois called Go Roma has the best bruscetta I've ever eaten. It's probably because it is overflowing with balsamic vinegar, my favorite part of bruscetta, but it also helps that it comes with delicious toasty bread. 

I can't get any Go Roma in California, so I figured I would try making my own bruscetta, and why bother balancing it on toast when I can just put it between some bread with mozzarella pearls. 

The result is a light, delicious sandwich, one that is definitely making its way onto my list of favorites.


Bruschetta Mozzarella Sandwich
(makes one sandwich)


Nice french bread (I use La Brea Take and Bake)
About 4 grape tomatoes
1 leaf of fresh basil
1 tablespoon balsamic Vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil
salt and pepper
1 oz mozzarella pearls


Heat panini press (if so desired).

Finely dice the tomatoes and shred the basil into small pieces. Stir together in a bowl with the vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.

Slice and toast the bread under the broiler or in a toaster. Spread the tomato mixture over one on the halves of bread, drizzling the vinegar across the entire half. Place the mozzarella pearls on top of the tomatoes and close the sandwich.

Place in the panini press and close the lid, cooking the sandwich for 4-6 minutes or until desired crispiness is achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment