Monday, March 4, 2013

Four Bagel Thin Snacks Under 300 Calories

I hate the fact, but since I've been trying to lose weight, I haven't eaten a single bagel. As a born and raised mid-westerner, this pains me terribly. 

I love bagels. There was a time in my life when the majority of what I ate was bagels. (I should mention, not the healthiest point in my life, but maybe the most delicious.) The Great American Bagel stores in my hometown would sell whatever bagels they had left during their last hour open at ridiculously reduced prices and me and my friends would stock up on them.

Just thinking about it is making my mouth water.

But back to the point. I haven't had a bagel in ages but I was sorely tempted by Thomas' Bagel Thins. At 110 calories a bagel, they packed even less of a caloric punch than the whole wheat white bread we've been eating a lot of lately.

With that in mind and with my weight goal so ridiculously close, I put it upon myself to come up with some snacks and meals using bagel thins that would be delicious and satisfying, but would be low in calories. These were my four favorite.



Cream Cheese and Strawberry Jelly Bagel Thin
280 calories

1 Bagel Thin
2 tablespoons 1/3 less fat cream cheese
2 teaspoons strawberry jam




Turkey and Laughing Cow Cheese Bagel Thin
195 Calories

1 Bagel Thin
2 oz turkey deli meat
1 wedge of your favorite Laughing Cow Cheese (I used Sun Dried Tomato Mozzarella)



Bagel Thin Pizza
235 Calories

1 Bagel Thin
2 tablespoons marinara sauce
3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
Sprinkling of oregano



Fried Egg and Cheese Bagel Thin
270 Calories

1 Bagel Thin
1 fried egg
1 slice of muenster cheese


No comments:

Post a Comment