Friday, June 7, 2013

Cheesy Artichoke Bread


If I could never eat cheese or bread again, I think I would kill myself.

I caught this show on the Travel Channel about the best restaurants in the US for cheese lovers and I couldn't believe that not a single one of them was in Southern California (I'm not counting when they went to the Thousand Oaks Melting Pot because come one, it's a chain). Worst of all, it pretty much gave me an intense craving for melty cheese and the desire for me to replace my blood with it.

So with my melty cheese craving in hand, I thought I'd try out this recipe I've had saved for almost a year. It definitely scratched that itch.


Cheesy Artichoke Bread
(recipe slightly adapted from crumb)


2 tbsp butter
1 cloves garlic, pressed
1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar and mozarella cheese blend
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup sour cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

1 small loaf of nice bread (Or a few nice rolls)


Preheat the broiler.

Slice the loaf of bread in half and arrange pieces cut side up on a baking sheet.

In a bowl, stir together the rest of the ingredients adding salt and pepper to taste. Spread the mixture evenly over each half of the loaf. 

Broil until the cheese is melted and the bread is hot. Cut into pieces and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment