Thursday, May 30, 2013

Oreo Martini




My leading man really has a thing for cookies and cream flavored things. It's his favorite shake flavor and it what he always makes at every frozen yogurt place in town. So when I saw the recipe for this drink, I knew he'd be sold. 



This thing is so sweet, it could be served for dessert. I made it in bulk form as I was mixing it up for a large group of people and that's the recipe listed below, but if you are looking to make a single glass, I suggest using the ratio from over at Snappy Gourmet

And while the garnish is by no means absolutely necessary (and honestly half the time I skip right past making things look nice in favor of wanting to drink), it really does turn this martini into something super cute and impressive.


Oreo Martini
(recipe from Snappy Gourmet)
Serves a crowd or a few heavy drinkers

For Martini:
1 Package of Jello-O Oreo instant pudding
1 cup whipped cream flavored vodka (Pinnacle is always my favorite)
1 cup whole milk

For Garnish:
Chocolate Syrup
Crushed Oreos
Whipped Cream
Mini Oreos


In a punch bowl, whisk together the Jell-O, vodka and milk. Allow to sit at least five minutes, whisking occasionally. The Pudding won't necessarily set but it will thicken.

While the drink thickens, coat the edge of a martini glass with chocolate syrup, then dip the edge into the crushed Oreos. Using a ladle, pour the martini mixture into the glass and top with whipped cream and a mini Oreo.





No comments:

Post a Comment